|No. 13 (18) SOF (Sugar) 61 (3288) : - ln exercise of
the powers conferred on him by section 3 of the Foodstuffs (Control) Act,
1958, the Governor of the Province concerned is pleased to make the following
Order for regulating and prohibiting the movement, transport, supply, distribution
and use or consumption of sugarcane and trade and commerce therein.
1. (1) This Order may be called the Sugarcane Control Order, 1961.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. [In this Order unless the context otherwise requires, the expression
'sugar' means (i) any form of sugar containing more than ninety per cent
of sucrose including Khaildsari sugar, Desi Sugar and bura, and (ii) any
sugar of crystaline structure].
3. No person shall, except, with the previous permission in writing of
the Cane Commissioner or any Officer authorised by him in this behalf
sugarcane from, any area declared as reserved area under section 10 of
the Sugar Factories Control Act, 1950 (hereinafter referred to as reserved
area) for the purposes of supply of cane to any of the sugar factories
mentioned in the Schedule.
4. In a reserved area no person other than the occupier of a sugar factory
mentioned in the Schedule shall, except with the previous permission in
writing of the Cane Commissioner or any officer authorised by him in this
behalf; manufacture sugar from sugarcane.
(1) Premier Sugar Mills and Distillery Co. Ltd., Mardan.
(2) Frontier Sugar Mills and Distillery, Ltd., Takht-i-Bhai.
(3) Charsadda Sugar Mills Ltd., Charsadda.
(4) Kohinoor Sugar Mills, Jauharabad.
(5) Leiah Sugar Mills, Leiah,
(6) Gujranwala Sugar Mills, Rahwali.
(7) Crescent Sugar Mills and Distillery Ltd., Faisalabad.